Campaign cracks down on illegal prospecting in Alberta’s tar sands
By the numbers:
* There are roughly 16,700 illegal oil and gas prospecting rigs operating around Alberta in 2015.
* There are also an estimated 20,600 licensed wells in the province.
* Alberta’s total oil and gas output was almost $1 billion in 2009, with the production volume of the country’s largest oil sands region, Alberta’s Bakken formation, rising 7 per cent from about 17,200 barrels per day in 2010. In 2014, production of crude oil from the area rose 5.9 per cent from about 16,500 to about 20,400 barrels per day.
* It is also estimated that Canada produces 1.3 million metric tonnes of crude oil a day, of which about 600,000 tonnes is refined and shipped around the world to markets around the world. This total could more than double to 2.3 million metric tonnes by 2040.
* While crude oil accounts for less than 25 per cent of the market value of oil sands companies, it accounts for about 60 per cent of all new projects in Alberta’s oil sands basin, with some of the largest oil sands production on the North Coast of B.C. (See graphic on page 19, column 5).
The tar sands — once once the nation’s economic dynamo — are a key factor in pushing global climate change into the 20th Century. In April 2014, the World Meteorological Organi카지노 게임zation (WMO) issued its report saying the tar sands represent “the principal driver” of climate change.
The oil sands — once 안산출장마사지Canada’s economic dynamo — are a key factor in pushing global climate change into the 20th Century.
“Canada’s commitment to the climate is so strong, but it’s also one of the most dangerous places on Earth for us to be and for our people,” said Jim Steiner, senior vice-president of operations at Royal Dutch Shell Canada. “It’s important that we take immediate action to stop these emissions, because the costs are really high.”
Canada is the largest contributor to emissions from Canada’s tar sands industry, supplying roughly 3.3 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (MtCO2e) every year, according to a recent report from the Environment Canada. But Shell Canada has been a major contributor to the sector since 2008 through the purchase of about 1,400 operating rigs in the tar sands.
In 2008, Shell Can우리 카지노ada was the sole operator on the western side of Jasper Nationa
转载声明：感谢原作者的真情剖白、辛苦创作；如转载涉及版权等问题，请原作者与我们联系([email protected])， 我们将在第一时间处理，谢谢！